Alarms app for Windows 8.1 receives update, no change log available Written by Ron on December 09, 2013, 03:54PM
The official Windows Alarms app for Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1 has received an update today, however, Microsoft has yet to disclose what is new as no change log is currently available. However, we are more than happy to install an app update.
"A simple yet beautiful and multi-functional timing app that comes with alarms, countdown timers, and a stopwatch. Use it to set wake up alarms and reminders, to time sporting events, and to keep track of time whenever you need to," the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app, for those that did not know:
- Set alarms at specific times to alert you with sounds and notifications
- Set recurring alarms to alert you at certain times once or more a week
- Use multiple timers at once
- Personalize your alarms with a variety of sounds
- Use the stopwatch to time tasks and keep track of laps and splits
- Snooze or dismiss alarms from the lock screen
- Hear alarms even when your device is in standby or muted
- Use the app at any size alongside other apps
This app update is available now for those of you running Windows 8.1. So far we havent noticed anything new visually, but we'd imagine there were bugs fixed. Hit the download and let us know if you notice any improvements.
Thanks for the tip, @dingl_