Arma Tactics THD is a fun turn-based close-combat strategy game for Windows RT Written by Ron on January 09, 2014 - 05:22PM
The Windows Store is becoming home to many new apps and games as of late and one game that is sure to provide hours of entertainment is Arma Tactics for Windows RT. This app is a fantastic and visually stunning turn-based close-combat game, which runs for $4.99.
"Arma Tactics is a turn-based close-combat strategy game, where the player takes control of a four-member Special Forces team. There are no given strategies, rails to move on, or paths to follow; it‘s up to the player to decide how he will play through both the story-driven missions and generated missions with randomized objectives. Whether using stealth or a more direct approach, players will need to use their strategic thinking and use both basic and advanced weaponry while facing many different opponents - ranging from unorganized local militia to smart and skilled mercenaries," the app description reads.
This game is fantastic as there are no given strategies or paths to follow. You decide how the game character plays through the story-driven missions and randomized objectives. This game isn't easy as it requires strategy and lots of thinking. Here are the key features of this app:
- Explore highly detailed battlefield environments that come to life with sophisticated particle systems and post-process effects
- See your men come to life with realistic animations captured by a powerful motion-capture solution
- Lead them through a thrilling single player campaign or improve your skills in generated missions
- Gather experience points to level up your characters, upgrade weapons and unlock special equipment
- Choose your difficulty – we make sure the game is fun to play for both casual players and hardcore gamers
- Take part in challenging special game modes
- Play as you like – by touching your screen or by using gamepad controls
The missions are replayable and there are achievements and weapons to unlock, providing you with hours of fun. Arma Tactics is already a popular game on both the Android and iOS platforms.
This app requires that your device be Tegra-powered. So if you do not have a Tegra-powered device (or better), you may be out of luck in playing this game. Watch a quick promo video about the game below and hit the download link to snag the app.