Did you sign up for the BBM for Windows Phone beta when the program launched not too long ago? If you were accepted into the beta, you can now download the BBM client from the Windows Phone Store and begin testing and submitting feedback.
BBM for Windows Phone is currently in beta, meaning there will be bugs that need to be squashed. Those participating in the beta are encouraged to submit feedback when then can about the client, and can do so through the BlackBerry Beta Zone.
Those who are in the beta should have received an email with current known bugs, along with instructions explaining how you can download the client. Known issues include:
- Invites and acceptances don’t send when Windows Phone goes out of WiFi coverage
- A few newer emoticons are not rendering properly (i.e *brrrr*, and *flex* and @-@)
- Windows Phone shows as available for BBM Voice call although feature is not supported (seen on Android and iOS, not BlackBerry 10)
- Error popup appears when using “Find Friends” and the “OK” button is selected
- Suggested Contacts tab only shows users already using BBM, but lists them as potential contacts when BBM is initially launched
The app is only available for those in the beta, you can use the download link below to get going.