Cal and Location for Windows Phone both updated with new features and bug fixesWritten by Hammad Saleem on March 12, 2014 - 02:29PM @hammadsalim
If you happen to be a regular user of Cal, a popular calendar app, as well as Location Finder, pay a visit to the Windows Phone Store as there are some updates waiting for you. Recently, both apps received updates, and each introduces some handy new features and bug fixes to improve the overall usability of the apps.
Cal is a very popular calendar app which can easily connect with Microsoft, Google and even Facebook calendars, and comes with live tile support. Recently, the app was bumped to version 1.3, which introduces a number of new features and bug fixes for it, including new translations as well as a new way of switching between calendar views. Additionally, it also fixes a bug where the app used to crash on launch, along with Google and Outlook sync-related issues. Here's a list of all the new features and improvements introduced in Cal version 1.3.0:
- New way of switching between calendar views
- Ability to set agenda and week view as default
- Fixed some Google and Outlook calendar sync issues
- Fixed livetile not updating when not on cellular
- Fixed occasional crash on launch
Location Finder is also being bumped to v2.6, and as the name suggests, its helps users find, save and share their current location and mark it. The latest update came with UI enhancements, bug fixes, as well as new features. These include the ability to find an antipode of a location, reverse geocode screen to help you select a location by tapping on it, and more. Here's a change log for the latest update:
- Capability to use shortened map URLs while sharing location. Can be controlled through Settings.
- Capability to find antipode of a location. Refer Location Apps -> Antipode Location under Help for more info.
- Capability to select a location by tapping any where on the map in the Reverse Geocode screen.
- Enhancements to the Favorite Location screen.
- UI enhancements and bug fixes.
- Improved Help Section.
Head over to the Windows Phone store to grab the applications. For Cal, you'll have to shell out $1.99 while Location Finder costs $0.99.