CBC Sochi 2014 app keeps Canadians informed during the 2014 Winter OlympicsWritten by Hammad Saleem on February 05, 2014 - 11:22AM @hammadsalim
Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics will kick off in a few days beginning February 7th and ending February 23rd. If you're based in Canada and want to make sure you don't miss the latest happenings from Sochi, take a look at CBC Sochi 2014 app for Windows 8.1.
"The CBC Olympics app provides you with full, wide-ranging, dynamic and real-time coverage of the Sochi Winter Olympic Games, including live streaming of all Olympic competitions. It is available in English and French. The displayed version corresponds to the language that you have selected in your device settings," according to the app description.
The app is available available in both French and English, and brings real-time coverage from the Sochi 2014 Olympics. It's not just the news, but users can also catch live streams of the event as well on their PCs. Don't worry if you miss out any event as the app brings on-demand video highlights, news, analysis and more. The app offers a wide range of features to Windows 8.1 users including:
- All events streamed live in their entirety and in real time with enhanced stats. Events available as video on demand afterwards
- Simulcast of 20 daily hours of CBC Television Olympic programming
- On-demand video highlights, news, analysis, blogs
- Results, medal count and Canadian athletes’ performances in real time
- CBC Olympic Feed will keep users up to date on social media, the latest news and links to the content you need to see, when you need to see it.
- Athletes and journalists provide live commentary and unprecedented social media coverage from Sochi
- A detailed event schedule and programming guide for CBC, the official broadcaster of the Sochi Olympic Games, as well as for the official sublicensees TSN and Sportsnet
- A second screen experience where users can play along with the CBC Olympic Primetime program.
If you're based in Canada and want to follow the event in all its entirety, head over to the Windows Store and download the app. It's free!