Check out Readiy app for Windows 8.1, a beautiful and free Feedly client Written by Ron on January 09, 2014, 04:41PM
If you are a Feedly user, or even a former Google Reader user, you likely have several key sites that you follow and keep track of. If you are on Windows 8.1, there is a free app called Readiy that makes your Feedly experience ten times better, and beautiful.
The app is well designed and has a robust set of features. One of our favorite features is the ability to "mobilize" a particular news story from your feed using a service from "readability" along with the ability to read the entire story with an inline browser. This app makes reading news via your rss feed as convenient as possible. There are even keyboard shortcuts you can utilize!
"Readiy is a Feedly client/RSS reader. Simple, no frill, fast (no really, it's fast), intuitive and beautiful. Give it a shot and you'll know why tens of thousands of users love Readiy," the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Feedly sync - very fast
- Designed for Windows 8.1. Beautiful image rich layout
- Multiple reading modes (Instapaper, readability, inline browser)
- Sharing (Save to Pocket/Instapaper, charm)
- Multiple themes (light, dark, gray, sepia)
- Control tile sizes on items view (large, medium, compact or advanced mode)
- Multiple live tiles, including large tile.
- Sorting, Filtering
- Lots of settings
- Quick access to Sync/Mark all read/Next, previous section
- Mark previous as read
- Portrait mode with vertical scrolling, New 8.1 snapped mode (50/50 mode)
- Keyboard fully supported (press the "?" for shortcut keys)
- Mark articles read (all/week old/day old)
- Safe oAuth2.0 authentication, app does not have access to your user id/password
- Background worker to keep your subscriptions and feed items in sync
- Expand/Collapse categories
- Lots more
So far, the app has nearly 200 reviews, with the majority of reviews offering four to five stars. You can also take a look at a video walkthrough of the app, embedded below, giving you a first-hand look at what the app looks like. The app is free and features advertisements. You can snag the app for both Windows 8.1 and Windows RT via the download link below.