An official file manager app is slated to make its appeareance in the Windows Phone Store in June of this year, according to Microsoft. In the mean time, those who are itching to have a file manager have been resorting to various third party options. One such option is Folders (Beta) and the app recently received a new update.
"Folders is a simple, clean and beautiful file manager for Windows Phone with a smooth UI! Note: this is a beta version of Folders, more features will be available after the final release," the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Cut, copy, paste, rename, delete, new folder and other fundamental features.
- Nice and clean UI, smooth animations and enjoyable UX.
- Integrated OneDrive. Have OneDrive as another folder just with a tap. No need to insert your email, or remember your password! All operations are also supported.
- Share a file via bluetooth, as an email attachment or with other various apps.
- Open files with default apps, or with other selected third party apps.
- Pin a folder to the start screen for quick access.
- Supported SD Card with all possible operations. You can move files between your phone storage and external memory.
- It will remain free for all beta users after the final release.
The app developer is actively searching for feedback, so please provide him with just that. The app will remain free until the Beta period is over and the first version (version 1.0) of the app is made available. All file types are supported, so hit the download link below and start testing!