Drawboard PDF app for Windows 8.1 gets big update, Best Buy app gets minor updateWritten by Ron on January 11, 2014 - 04:39PM @ronwinbeta
The Windows Store is home to over 143,000 apps right now and two specific apps have received an update - the Drawboard PDF app and official Best Buy app for Windows 8.1. The Drawboard PDF app is like a hybrid between a PDF reader and the OneNote app, and is full of editing and PDF creation features. Of course, this quality app runs for $7.99 (free trial available) and also worth checking out if you haven't already. The Best Buy app, which is free, compliments your shopping experience at the retail giant.
"View, annotate and manage your PDF documents the easy way! Ideal for replacing the pen and paper, avoid printing documents again by using our features that make annotating a PDF a breeze. Either upload or create a new PDF, annotate using our extensive array of tools, then save it back as a compatible PDF. Drawboard distinguishes itself by its intuitive user interface and experience, stylus and touch input separation, smooth and natural pen, and array of tools," the app description reads.
In this new update, Dawboard PDF now has the following features:
- Improved handling of opening documents from opening a file outside of the app
- Improved the user experience for opening and editing sticky notes
- When the app is suspending, it will now try to autosave the document to minimize loss of changes made
- Search has been re-designed. You can now search the current document and get a list showing all the results for the search term
- Improved speed and stability
- Fixed a bug with the Text Insert tool which was caused by a user tapping on the screen, but when the user was finished typing the text would not be visible
- After selecting or taking an image using the Image Insert tool, a toast is now displayed prompting the user to select the area to insert the image to
- The app now properly remembers the users choice about being prompted about using touch/stylus as well as other preferences
- Pressing 'Ctrl + F' now brings up the search bar
- Fixed a bug with panning while using the Pen tool in touch mode which caused the user to have to re-select the pen after using more than two fingers to zoom
- Auto Save will no longer attempt to save while an annotation is in progress
- Other minor bug and UI fixes
The Best Buy app, on the other hand, simply features bug fixes and performance improvements, with no additional details given. If you have never used this app, you can shop for the latest technology products at the retail giant via a modern interface for your Windows 8.1 PC. You can browse the entire product catalog, read ratings, as well as read reviews on products.
You can snag both apps via the download links below. Enjoy!