Drawboard PDF for Windows 8.1 receives big update, gets auto save feature and more Written by Ron on December 24, 2013 - 10:05AM
The Drawboard PDF app has received a big update today adding quite a few new features. The Drawboard PDF app is like a hybrid between a PDF reader and the OneNote app, and is full of editing and PDF creation features. Of course, this quality app runs for $7.99 (free trial available) and also worth checking out if you haven't already.
"View, annotate and manage your PDF documents the easy way! Ideal for replacing the pen and paper, avoid printing documents again by using our features that make annotating a PDF a breeze. Either upload or create a new PDF, annotate using our extensive array of tools, then save it back as a compatible PDF. Drawboard distinguishes itself by its intuitive user interface and experience, stylus and touch input separation, smooth and natural pen, and array of tools," the app description reads.
In this new update, Drawboard PDF has added several new features, with the most notable feature being the ability to auto save a document. This is an incredibly handy feature! There are also a wide variety of other improvements across the board. Here are the key features in this new update:
- Added auto saving for edited documents
- Fixed a bug which caused the app to crash when going into a suspended state
- Improvements to saving documents
- Added ability to create bookmarks from selected text
- Some messages are now shown using Toast notifications instead of a message box
- Last page of opened document is now remembered and will now open to that page
- Clicking the button on a digital Stylus now shows the right click menu of an annotation
- Clicking on an annotation in the Markup History will now navigate to and select the annotation
- Improved reliability of "Recent Files" (unfortunately this has resulted in current "Recent Files" list to be reset)
- Added Keyboard Shortcuts
- Copy and past text between apps
- Other miscellaneous performance and UI enhancements
Hit the download link below to snag the updated app. Do you prefer this app over Microsoft's own OneNote app?