Ellie Goulding's 'How long will I love you' music video shot entirely on a Nokia Lumia 1020By Ron on Tuesday, Oct 29th, 2013 at 09:48AM
Now this is pretty cool. Most of you have never heard of Ellie Goulding, but in her latest music video, a Nokia Lumia 1020 was used to record and create her latest masterpiece. And best of all, the video was shot entirely on a Nokia Lumia 1020, with the help from an external mic and Final Cut Pro of course.
In the first video we've embedded below, you can see a behind the scenes look at the making of the music video for the song called "How long will I love you." As you will see, the Nokia Lumia 1020 was used exclusively to record the content. In the second video, embedded below for your viewing pleasure, you can watch the actual music video in all its glory.
Here are the video specs of the Lumia 1020 for those who aren't familiar with it:
- Camera video resolution: 1080p (Full HD, 1920 x 1080)
- Camera video frame rate: 30 fps
- Camera video zoom: 6 x
- Video playback frame rate: 30 fps
- Video playback codecs: VC-1, Windows video, H.264/AVC, H.263, MPEG-4
- Video playback file formats: MP4, WMV, AVI, 3GP, 3G2, M4V, MOV
- Video recording formats: MP4/H.264
- Video white balance modes: Cloudy, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Automatic, Daylight
- Secondary video camera resolution: 720p (HD, 1280 x 720)
- Secondary camera video recording format: MP4/H.264
This music video just goes to show you how technology can impact our lives and improve it for the better. Remember when beepers were the hot thing? And now we have a smartphone shooting an entire music video. Pretty cool stuff. Regardless if you like the song or not, it is great to see Nokia's Lumia 1020 Windows Phone 8 device used in such a manner.