Facebook Messenger becomes the top Windows Phone app, overtakes Facebook and Instagram BetaWritten by Ron on March 09, 2014 - 04:44PM @ronwinbeta
Less than a week ago, the official Facebook Messenger app rolled out for Windows Phone 8 users. This app allows you to communicate with your Facebook buddies on your Windows Phone using an official app that comes packed with features. In just a short time, Facebook Messenger has dethroned Facebook and Instagram to become the top Windows Phone app in the Windows Phone Store (United States).
In the "Top Free" and "New+Rising" section in the Windows Phone Store, Facebook Messenger is at the top with over 2200 ratings from users. In fact, the app is so popular that it already has a rating of 4.5 out of 5. The official Facebook app, which has been at the top of the list for months, is down to second place. Instagram Beta rounds out the top three.
Facebook Messenger is an official app from Facebook, allowing you to check your messages, partake in group conversations, utilize notifications for new messages, the ability to send stickers and photos privately, and much more. Here are the key features of this app, if you have yet to download it:
- Get to all your messages without having to open Facebook.
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers and send photos privately.
- Have group conversations and make plans on the go.
- Share your location so people know when you're nearby.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- See who's using Messenger and who's active on Facebook.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
- Turn off notifications when you're working, sleeping or just need a break.
- Never lose your conversation history or contacts.
It is great to see such a positive reception towards an app - especially with an app that deals with a popular social media service. Obviously, the right decision was made to bring Facebook Messenger to the Windows Phone platform, as it was already available on Android and iOS. Have you been using Facebook Messenger? How is the experience so far? What new features does the app need? Sound off in the comments below!