Revealed during the Mobile World Congress last week, the official Facebook Messenger app for Windows Phone 8 is now available for download. Now you can communicate with your Facebook buddies on your Windows Phone using an official app that comes packed with features.
Just last week, we learned that the Facebook Messenger desktop application for Windows was shutting down on March 3rd. Facebook Messenger, on the other hand, is already available on iOS and Android – and now we can add Windows Phone to the mix.
Published by Facebook, this app is currently available for free as version 188.8.131.52. You can check your messages via the app without having to open Facebook, as well as partake in group conversations. Here is a quick rundown of all the new features:
- Get to all your messages without having to open Facebook.
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers and send photos privately.
- Have group conversations and make plans on the go.
- Share your location so people know when you’re nearby.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- See who’s using Messenger and who’s active on Facebook.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
- Turn off notifications when you’re working, sleeping or just need a break.
- Never lose your conversation history or contacts.
Grab the app via the download link below and let us know if you like it!
Thanks for the tip, @WPScoops!
Facebook Messenger is now available for Windows Phone! Get it here http://t.co/ptpQ2UDsJz
— Windows Phone Scoop (@WPScoops) March 5, 2014