Hit game Asphalt 8 Airborne available for free for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8

If you love racing games, chances are you have tried Asphalt 8 Airborne for Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8. This paid app is not only popular, but also features a rich racing experience surrounded by beautiful graphics. It appears that this game is now available for free, for a limited time, on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone.

“The best arcade racing game series reaches a new turning point! Perform dynamic, high-speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!” the app description reads. Asphalt 8 Airborne features 47 high performance cars, including top licenses manufacturers and models like Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R. The game features newly recorded high-fidelity car motor sounds for realistic audio immersion – making you feel like you are actually driving the car!

Not only are the graphics comparable to a console game, but the game also features a detailed damage system, along with game modes like Infected and Drift Gate. You can partake in asynchronous races as well as multiplayer races, as well as play the campaign in nine different settings like Venice, Guiana, and the Nevada Desert.

The game is available for free for a limited time, so head over to the Windows Phone Store or Windows Store to snag the game while you can. Let us know if you like it! Now, if you will excuse us, we have to go play some Asphalt 8 Airborne.

Thanks for the tip, david!

28 Responses

1. StarEy3 says:

LOL, you can buy it for free

2. BogenDorpher says:

I think I’ve become addicted to this game.

3. Anoopam Mishra says:

Thanks Winbeta! Now I can download this game for free. This is the best game in Windows Store.

4. jdrch says:

This is great news. Raced on a Core i3 laptop with 8GB RAM and no integrated graphics. Very playable, excellent framerate, and fun.

5. simran says:

I have downloaded the app now is it free for me always on my Microsoft account?

• Aaditya Menon says:

Yeah, it will………….

• Abster says:

Are you sure? Does this mean if I uninstall it and it goes back to being paid, can I reinstall it then for free again?

• Nani says:

Yes…..just login in the windows store,open the app in the website and click on REINSTALL….the game will install for free….it will be in your purchase history also and will be free forever….but the drawback is,you can only reinstall it in full from the web page and not on phone….if you try to install it from the store in your mobile….it will just install the trial version

• Sargon says:

Eeem. You’re wrong. You don’t have to reinstall from the store. If he uninstalls the game and it becomes paid again he will have 2 buttons trial and buy. He will have to click buy and it will say that it has been already purchased and begin downloading.

• Abster says:

Thanks guys, hope you’re right. It was a slightly hypothetical question but if it does happen I don’t want to click Buy and find out I’ve been billed again! Anyway I shouldn’t have problems with the game on my Surface Pro 2 but will have to see how it performs on my Surface RT.

• Sargon says:

You won’t be billed again. It would open all sorts of confirmation windows even if you had to buy it again (which you won’t). There is no risk at all.

• Aaditya Menon says:

• Aaditya Menon says:

you remember when Miniclip was offering all their 3 games on windows store for free……………I had installed during this time…………when those apps went back to paid again, I still downloaded it for free………….Same is with Disney , they are offering 7 games for free…………..

6. Abster says:

Can someone tell me if this is worth downloading on a first gen. Surface RT? I heard that initially the lag on the Tegra 3 device was too great, but perhaps they’ve fixed it somewhat in an update?

• Josh Lalonde says:

I’m on the original Surface RT running Windows 8.1 and it runs perfectly.

• Abster says:

Thanks for sharing your experience, Josh. :)

• Mateer L says:

how is the battery life, speed & reliability of your device? I kinda like the surface, but find it a bit too limited to buy

• Josh Lalonde says:

I don’t know about the Surface 2, but battery life is all-day, speed is good when not running 10 apps (I think the way Windows 8.1 handles closing apps needs fixing). Not sure what you mean by reliability but I never have system crashes or hanging. Just lower FPS when too many apps are open like I said.

• Mateer L says:

that sounds great, better than the android. now if only they bring down it’s price…android will face a challenge. App store count is at 145k..decent enough.

7. Ray C says:

I’ll have to check this one out

8. David Cardona says:

This game is really good and worth the pay, but just to comment, Does anybody who actually paid for the app feel a little uncomfortable that now it´s free? Oh well I guess that´s just life.

• Abster says:

Apple, Amazon and others also run deals where some premium apps go free for limited periods. Just your luck I suppose.

9. Josh Lalonde says:

I wish there were more games like this. I didn’t even Windows 8 had good games (don’t have any money). Now can’t iOS and Android developers stop being lazy and start developing for Windows 8?

10. Aaditya Menon says:

Multiplayer doesn’t work for me…………My friends are online , nut still Asphalt shows all of them as offline

11. femi says:

I cane not see
    Asphalt 8 Airborne in my pc windows 8.1

12. Alex Scheaua says:

so i have installed asphalt 8 on my laptop (windows 8.1) and it keeps crashing when im in menu. after i start a race i have no problem. Does anybody experienced this problem too? If u can help me, i would apreciate it.Thank you.

13. Bruce Wayne says:

good game and free. I play on windows 8.1. Multiplayer seems to have some issues. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t