If you happen to be a regular user of Magnify Beta RSS app, as well as MetroMail Beta, head over to the Windows Phone Store as both apps received new updates which introduce a number of new features and enhancements to the app.
For those of you who don't know, MetroMail Beta is an excellent Gmail client for Windows Phone handsets, which let users make the most out of the service on their handset, since there's no official Gmail app available. The app was recently bumped to 1.8.1, and comes with a number of new features including support from drafts and recent search results, swipe gestures, bug fixes, and more. Here's the complete change log:
- Added support for drafts and recent search results (outlook)
- Addressed newline issue when viewing & replying to emails (outlook)
- Various bug fixes
- Redesigned main page by introducing pivot control (outlook)
- URLs are now proper recognized in plain text emails (outlook)
- Added swipe gesture in main page (gmail)
It's not just MetroMail, Magnify BETA also received a pretty big update. Personally, I use app to get all the latest happenings from the world of technology on my Windows Phone handset. The app was updated to version 3.0.8, and introduces a whole lot of new features, including OneNote support, pull to refresh feature, new social share icon, fixed the issue related to duplicate articles, and much more. Here's the complete change log of the updated Magnify Beta app:
- You can now save articles to OneNote.
- Added many new feeds from ESPN, FOX, CNN, BBC, 500px.
- Pull to refresh when browsing articles.
- Notification banners will be shown for feeds with new articles after update.
- Added option to turn off Swivel cube view.
- Support orientation change when viewing images.
- Show more text instead of image while waiting for full article to load.
- Fixed duplicate articles.
- Changed social share button icon.
- Changes to improve updating of Live Tiles.
- Added tutorial video.
- Fixed font issue when app returns from tombstone state.
- Fixed app not saving when quitting app from exit prompt.
Head over to the Windows Phone Store to grab the updated apps.