Marmalade SDK 7.3 for Windows platform released, new features and is now freeWritten by Moin Anjum on June 05, 2014 - 10:42AM @MoinWinBeta
Marmalade SDK is a cross-platform developer tool and game engine that gives developers the ability to build apps and games for various platforms, all from a single code base. Marmalade SDK 7.3 has been released today for the Windows platform, a free license, and extra features like Accelerometer, Audio, Compression, Video, and more.
"Following feedback from our developer community, I'm delighted that we are now able to give all developers the world over the ability to experience the full power of the Marmalade SDK for free. We know from our community that maintaining native performance for apps across different platforms is a top priority, and now all developers can use a free version of the Marmalade SDK, meaning no compromise on performance whatever their platform and freeing them to concentrate on making fantastic apps and games." said Harvey Elliott, CEO, Marmalade Technologies Ltd.
Marmalade SDK 7.3 features:
- Enhanced support for Windows Store platform
- Multi-touch support for Windows Desktop platform
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support for iOS, Android and Windows Desktop platforms
- OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenAL 1.1 support for Marmalade Juice
- GCC 4.8 support for building x86 and ARM application binaries
- Hub support for simultaneous x86 and ARM deployment packaging on Android platform
- iOS 7.1 framework support
- ARM architecture variant support
Overall, they have also removed a few bugs and made some smaller changes. The SDK is available for free. Existing users with Indie, Plus or Pro licenses will get a free upgrade.