Back in March, Microsoft Jigsaw, a puzzle game, made its way to Windows Store but was later pulled due to unknown reasons. The app is now back in the Windows Phone store for users to test their skills. The main motive behind the game is pretty simple: just fill in the missing piece of the Jigsaw puzzle to complete levels.
The game comes with hundreds of challenging puzzles to test your skills with three different modes: Classic Jigsaw, Jigsaw Jam, and Daily Challenges. In Classic Jigsaw, you can choose from tons of images available in the game, along with a difficulty level. On the other hand, Jigsaw Jam mode brings time into play as well, and you have to place each puzzle as quickly as possible to make a high score.
"Introducing the all new Microsoft Jigsaw - the perfect fit for your Windows 8 device! Play hundreds of puzzles in three exciting game modes: Classic Jigsaw, Jigsaw Jam, and Daily Challenges. Intuitive controls make Microsoft Jigsaw great on your mouse & keyboard and excellent on a touchscreen," the app description reads.
Users can even choose custom puzzles by importing their own photos from the device or capture using the camera. The game is optimized for both tablet and PC users, with Xbox Live integration so you can find out about your achievements and check out the leaderboards.
Here's a list of features highlighted by the Windows Store:
- Three different game modes - Classic Jigsaw, Jigsaw Jam, and Daily Challenges.
- Hundreds of beautiful HD images
- Play puzzles up to 216 pieces on 4 difficulty settings
- Brand new Jigsaw Jam mode - a fresh, upbeat take on Jigsaw!
- Daily Challenges - Complete fresh new challenges each day to win badges and compete with friends!
- Create custom puzzles by importing your own photos from your device or camera!
- Sign in with your Xbox account to get access to achievements, leaderboards, and save your games in the cloud.
- Special trays feature lets you organize your jigsaw pieces however you want
- Randomized cuts - for a unique experience every time you play
- Pieces can be auto-arranged and moved in groups
- Work on multiple puzzles at a time
- Share custom created puzzles with your family and friends!
- Your friends can cooperate on the same puzzle using a touch screen
- Nearly 1000 puzzles at launch, and more to come!
If you're ready to test your skills, head over to the Windows Store and grab the game.