Halo, probably the most popular gaming franchise owned by Microsoft, and created by Bungie (now managed by 343 Industries) is looking for a Director of Marketing. Do you have what it takes to take Halo to another level?
"As Director of marketing for Halo, you will be leading the team that creates and drives the marketing strategy for our Halo line of console games and our Halo gaming properties and services. You will partner closely with the team at 343 Industries to ensure continued growth and success of the Halo franchise," the job description reads. The job location is in Redmond, Microsoft's headquarters and is a part of the Interactive Entertainment Business. There is no mention on exactly how much the job will pay, but it sure sounds like a blast working for Microsoft and marketing the popular Halo gaming franchise.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team to creating global marketing plans (market & competitive analysis, customer understanding, positioning/messaging/branding, PR planning, and marketing strategies) that drive awareness & purchase intent worldwide for the Halo franchise of products
- Managing marketing aspects of the business and product plan, including sales forecasting, conversion rates, user funnels, marketing budget formulation, localization strategy, launch timing, lifecycle planning
- Analyzing consumer trends and behavior to advise portfolio development and planning
- Lead virtual teams as needed to deliver world-class launch and sustain marketing plans
- Developing intimate knowledge of services, online landscape and trends, and competitive services and serving as product spokesperson
- Define consumer requirements across major experience areas for today’s market and evaluate future needs to enable us to influence and lead
- Building and nurturing strong relationships with our development partners
- Partner with our marketing communications and business intelligence teams to effectively bring experiences to market
- Develop & manage marketing spend plan including creating marketing plans and programs, determining the optimal marketing mix and recommendations on resource allocations.
- Manage product launches including naming, packaging and materials creation, distribution strategies, initial product pricing, on-line marketing plan, and lifecycle management.
Do you have what it takes? Give it a shot! Hit the source link to apply or learn more about the position.