Microsoft releases the change log for Windows Phone Portico update build 8.0.10211.204 Written by Ron on December 19, 2012 - 06:03PM
We recently learned that Microsoft had finally made available the new Portico update for Windows Phone 8 to various phones. This update is the first for the operating system and features bug fixes as well as some new additions. While we know that Portico brings along with it SMS Drafts and SMS Call Reject features, what else does it contain?
Microsoft has finally posted up some details on what this new update for Windows Phone 8 will contain. This new update, still being called Portico by many news reporters, features build number 8.0.10211.204 and brings along with it some cool new additions to make the Windows Phone 8 platform a bit more complete. Take a look at the feature set below:
- Messaging improvements. A great messaging experience is now even better. You can now add multiple recipients at the same time when you send a text message and automatically save unsent text messages as drafts. You can even edit received text messages before you forward them.
- Text replies to incoming calls. Can't take a call? Now you can send a prewritten text reply to a caller directly from the call answer screen. It's a nice way to let people know that you're not ignoring them.
- Internet Explorer improvements. You can now change your settings to prevent pictures from downloading automatically—an easy way to help keep data usage low. You can also delete selected sites from your browsing history and leave the rest intact.
- Wi-Fi connectivity. Got a favorite Wi-Fi network? Windows Phone 8 will now prioritize Wi-Fi connections based on your connection history.
- Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.