The firmware updates reduce power consumption and enhance system stability, as well as enhance battery life and increase efficiency and reliability in low power states. The firmware updates also improve the trackpad's reliability and overall system stability. There is also an update that helps the on-screen keyboard appear and disappear at the correct times.
Here is the official change log:
- Surface Pro Embedded Controller Firmware (v.184.108.40.206) reducing power consumption, and enhancing system stability.
- Surface Pro System Aggregator Firmware (v. 220.127.116.11) enhancing battery life, and increasing efficiency and reliability in low power states.
- Surface Type Cover Firmware Update (v. 2.0.1021.0) improving trackpad reliability and system stability.
- Surface Accessory Device (v. 2.0.1012.0) helping the on-screen keyboard (OSK) appear and disappear at the correct times.
- Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth (v. 15.68.3042.79) enhancing system stability, reducing power consumption in low power states, and improving some WiFi connection scenarios. Look for another WiFi update coming soon.
Microsoft is planning on rolling out a WiFi update next week -- July 16th to be specific. This update will address the WiFi connection issues some users were facing. "We will also issue an update on Wednesday, July 16, to further improve Wi-Fi connection and throughput scenarios," the company explained.
Head over to Windows Update on your Surface Pro 3 to snag the firmware updates. Good luck!