Microsoft's Surface Pro 3: what kind of specs would you like to see? Written by Ron on May 03, 2014 - 09:23PM @ronwinbeta
Microsoft has quite a lot of work to do, especially with its Surface line of tablet devices. We recently reported that Microsoft has been losing $300 million and counting for the Surface in the last nine months. While rumors of a Surface Mini quite possibly nearing its release, a new "rumor" has surfaced alleging to be the specs of the Surface Pro 3.
Now, before we show you the specs, we have to warn you. These specs come from an unverified source and first appeared on the foreign site ITHome. These specs make no sense, as the device would be priced well over $3000, if not more, if the specs were true. Either way, we will mention these specs, for your reading pleasure.
- Processor: 14 nm, 25 W and 1.8/2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 "Skylake" with Intel Iris Pro graphics and 3 MB L3 cache
- Memory: 16GB LPDDR4 2133 MHz (4X4 GB)
- Storage: 1TB internal storage and support for SDXC memory cards
- Display: 12.9-inch LED backlit Retina IPS with 2,560X1,440 pixels and 290 ppi
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, 4G LTE, microSIM, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt 2, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI
- Operating system: Windows 8.1 with Office 2013
- Battery: 10,900 mAh; up to 15 hours of Web browsing and 9 hours HD video playback
Obviously we question the authenticity of the above spec list (really, 16GB of RAM?) so remember to take it with a huge grain of salt. However, this "rumor" gives us the opportunity to discuss what we would like to see in the future version of a Surface Pro device. Would you like to see a larger display? Sound off in the comments below and tell us what specs you would like to see. If you are on the fence about purchasing a Surface device, what sort of specs would make you pull the trigger?