Movie Maker 8.1 and Office Lens for Windows Phone receive updates, adds a host of new featuresWritten by Manish Singh on May 14, 2014 - 10:47AM @refsrc
Quite a lot of apps have been updated this week. Movie Maker 8.1 and Office Lens are in that list. Movie Maker picked up a major update this morning, which extends the functionalities of existing features. Whereas Office Lens fixes several bugs.
The ever popular video making app for Windows Phone, Movie Maker 8.1 got an exciting app update and this already feature rich app got even better. Bumping the version number up to 188.8.131.52, here’s a list of the new things you will find in the app:
- Unlimited number of undo(s).
- Customize MP3 and MP4 format support.
- Effects: Four new effects - Grey, FishEye, Pinch, Warp were added to the app. All of them work on videos and images.
- You now have a shortcut to mute all clips.
- You will now be able to change the duration of the images.
- Also available is Voice Recorder to add voice notes/recording to your movie
Office Lens is a popular app that brings scanner features to your Windows Phone. You can take images of whiteboards, maps, and other objects. Office Lens uses its OCR technology to detect the text and convert it into an editable form. There is no changelog available describing the new features that the update brings, so we are betting on bug fixes and general performance improvements. Join us in testing the app and discover its new features!
Snag both the apps from the Download links below.