Pepper is an extremely interesting app for music loving Windows Phone users which combines a number of ideas that will be familiar from other apps — the likes of FourSquare, TripAdvisor, a calendar and more all rolled into one. More about the capabilities of the app in a second, but there’s one thing that needs to be mentioned first: the app is now available in the US as well as the UK.
If you’re looking for an evening’s entertainment, you can use Pepper to track down a nearby gig. And this is where Pepper really shines — it helps you to find out what is going on in your neighborhood, although you do also have the option of searching for a particular artists as well.
When you find a gig you like the sound of, you can add it to the built-in calendar so you don’t double-book and you also have the option of inviting your friends to join you for a night out. When you do hit the venue, you can check in just like with FourSquare as well as sharing photos online.
Clearly the big news with this release is support for the US, but for existing users there is also a new Live Tile feature, battery saving options and better space management.
Here’s the full feature list from the Windows Phone Store listing:
- Check-in at events
- Share photos and shout from events
- Connect and share with your Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Search 1000s of gigs and club nights by date and location
- Track events in your calendar
- View event details including info on the venues, artists and promoters
- Purchase tickets from our ticketing partners (for certain events)
- Invite friends to events you’re attending
- View your friend’s activity
- Track your favourite artists, venues and promoters
- View your friend’s favourites and calendar
Hit the download link below, check out the app and see what you think!