Nextgen Reader is one of the best RSS clients available on Windows 8 as well as the Windows Phone platform, which let users connect with their Feedly account. The app comes with a price tag, but it’s justified compared to the features it brings to the table. Recently, Nextgen Reader for Windows 8 picked up an update that brings several new features and enhancements on board.
The latest update brings a whole lot of new features, including some of the Feedly Pro ones. Now customers can use the smart search feature, which lets users search for articles in Nextgen Reader, however, this feature is only limited to Feedly Pro users.
Do not fret if you’re not a Pro subscriber, the latest update also lets users show/hide read items, expand folders, ability to view the list for context menus by right-clicking on a feed/article, support for keyboard shortcuts, and more. Here’s a list of all the new features and enhancements introduced in the latest Nextgen Reader for Windows 8:
- New: Smart search ([email protected] for complete search results).
- New: Quickly show/hide read items and feeds.
- New: Easily collapse or expand all folders.
- New: Right click on a feed/article in the list for context menus.
- New: Option to launch browser in full screen.
- New: Keyboard shortcuts – Y: show/hide read items, Z: focus reading pane, etc.
- Moved: Manage section to settings charm.
- Improved: Better handling for login/sync errors during first time setup.
- Several bug fixes and many other enhancements.
Head over to the WIndows Store and grab the updated Nextgen Reader for Windows 8. It runs for $2.99 and offers users a free trial to experience the app. If you ask me, I will definitely recommend you try the app as it comes with a very decent interface and helps you stay on top of all the news.