Recently, we learned that Microsoft will be releasing the Windows Phone 7.8 update in early 2013, which is slated to bring a few Windows Phone 8 features to old phones who are not capable to upgrade to Windows Phone 8. Now, Nokia seems to have revealed the key feature set for the upcoming Windows Phone 7.8 update.
Nokia revealed the key feature set for Windows Phone 7.8 during a customer feedback survey and it seems like Microsoft wont be the only one adding features to phone that will receive this update. Nokia is adding a few features of its own to the update. This update is for Windows Phone 7.5 users and is expected in early 2013. Take a look below for the key features:
- New homescreen experience with more room for your Live Tiles. Now resizable.
- Set the Bing image of the day as the Lock Screen wallpaper.
- Pocket and child Lock screen Security
- 20 new accent theme colours
- Bluetooth Share (for DRM free media files)
- Cinemagraph add-on to create blend and photo and movie-like animation, creating photos that are alive
- New camera lenses to remove unwanted objects in your photos such as passers-by or people on the edge of the shot the spoil the photo.
- Updated Contacts Transfer application
- Updates Contact Share application
- Ringtone Maker application