Official Ally Bank app for Windows Phone 8 makes its debut, looks gorgeousWritten by Ron on February 05, 2014 - 10:17AM @ronwinbeta
Back in January of this year, we reported that Ally Bank was set to release their app for Windows Phone soon. The time has finally arrived - Ally Bank for Windows Phone is now available for download and it sure does look gorgeous.
"The Ally Mobile Banking app puts everyday banking tasks at your fingertips. It’s fast, it’s secure and - best of all - it’s free. All you need is an Ally Bank account and an online username and password," the app description reads.
The app has already been available for Android and iOS, allowing bankers to deposit checks remotely, transfer money between accounts, make payments, and much more. Ally Bank, for those who are not familiar, is a non-branch bank that offers services online, via telephone, and via ATMs. By not being a part of a branch, Ally Bank is able to provide a higher savings value to customers with a higher interest rate and low service charges.
The app is a beauty, with a simple interface and bright colors. Here are some key tidbits of the app:
- Mobile Banking is free from Ally (your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply)
- You can use the same username and password you set up for Online Banking
- The bank never stores personal or account information on your phone
- All transactions are encrypted with the same secure technology as Online Banking
- The login process is the same as in Online Banking, with security codes as an added layer of protection when you log in from a computer or device we don’t recognize
- Ally Bank's Online and Mobile Security Guarantee covers fraudulent transactions in Mobile Banking too
Hit the download link below to snag the app. Let us know what you think of it!