Tweetium has been our favorite Twitter app for Windows 8 and the app continues to become better with new features, improvements, and fixes. Today, the developer behind the app has rolled out version 2.4 of Tweetium, adding Push notification support (beta) for Pro users.
In the latest update, Tweetium has increased the multiple account limit to seven accounts for Pro users. The app also has improved URL recognition to match Twitter’s implementation, ensuring tweet character counts are always correct. Switching accounts will now save the last read state of the current view and the app also features improved DM conversation interactions in vertical mode. Push notifications have also been added for Pro users, however the feature is still in Beta.
“Tweetium is the premium Windows 8 Twitter client you’ve been waiting for. It’s slick. It’s fast. It’s been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. The base app price gets you the fully featured standard app with support for using one Twitter account at a time. You can now also purchase Tweetium Pro from within the app, which enables support for up to 7 accounts, push notifications, TweetMarker sync, and integrated news reading powered by our other app, Newseen,” the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Modern flow layout combines the best of information density and rich media
- Flexible design adjusts to portrait, snap, and everything in-between
- Smart streaming-based feed with robust connectivity and suspend/resume handling. No more manual refreshing!
- Post new tweets with fast username auto-complete.
- Photo upload support – including pasting image data and files directly into the tweet composer!
- View lists you’ve created and subscribed to, and pin favorites to the navigation bar for easy access.
- Search for users and tweets, and pin your favorite searches and hashtags
- Rich embedding of several third-party media types
- Powerful conversation and DM support with a rich, real-time updating conversation view.
- Multi-window support – Open multiple full instances, or break out specific tabs.
- Over a dozen color schemes, choose your favorite!
- Automatic roaming of color scheme, pinned lists, and read states.
- Live tile lets you know about new mentions and DMs, and can cycle from your timeline or a pinned list
- Full integration with the Share charm for sharing to and from Tweetium
- Quickly jump to your last seen tweet for your timeline, lists, or searches.
- Multiple account support! (Requires additional Pro purchase)
- TweetMarker support! (Require additional Pro purchase)
Tweetium is one of the most frequently updated app in the Windows Store today. In fact, no other app comes to mind in terms of frequent improvements and updates. If you have yet to give this app a try, head over to the download link below to grab it. It runs for $2.99 and a free trial is available.