Plex app for Windows Phone 8 receives update, numerous bugs squashed Written by Ron on December 11, 2013, 08:36AM
Plex for Windows Phone 8 has a new update available right now in the Windows Phone Store, for those of you who use this app to stream media content. In this update, which bumps the version number to 126.96.36.199, we get quite a few bug fixes and improvements.
"Plex for Windows Phone brings the power of Plex to your mobile device. With Plex, you can stream your music, videos and photos from your home computers running Plex Media Server and access content from a wide range of channels. Channels are available for iTunes, and for online services like YouTube, Vimeo and Revision3. There's also a remote control feature for Plex Media Center," the app description reads.
Here is the full change log of fixes for the app:
- FIX: Links from Universal Volume Control didn't always work.
- FIX: MyPlex-related Pivots on main page would refresh too often.
- FIX: Version detection errors talking to some Plex Media Servers on Linux.
- FIX: Crashes clicking on hyperlink buttons when racing with obscured events.
- FIX: GDM no longer runs indefinitely when Servers pivot is under lock screen.
- FIX: Crash removing manual connections from server.
- FIX: Crash navigating between pages (working around what appears to be an OS bug).
- FIX: Crash opening message boxes (likely another OS bug).
- FIX: Crash downloading remote control player list after resuming from deactivated state.
- FIX: Crash navigating from Settings page.
- FIX: Crash navigating from empty movie and artist lists.
- FIX: Crash in our Background Audio Player agent.
- FIX: Crash in Now Playing page after resuming from deactivated state.
- FIX: Crashes attempting to recommend to an empty friends list.
- UPDATE: Connection selection at startup is now more aware of network interface status.
Hit the download link below to snag the updated app. Let us know if you notice any new improvements or if any new bugs have come up.
Thanks for the tip, @WPScoops