Popular online matchmaking service eHarmony makes its debut on Windows Phone 8Written by Ron on March 24, 2014 - 09:48AM @ronwinbeta
eHarmony is a popular online matchmaking service in the United States, Canada, UK, and Australia. The service is already available on iPhone, iPad and Android, and now adds Windows Phone to the mix.
"We want to provide a great eHarmony experience to all mobile users," said Vanessa Petrosky, Mobile Product Manager for eHarmony, in a press release to WinBeta. "With this app launch, we are thrilled to deliver our superior matchmaking services to Windows Phone Users."
The Windows Phone app features a live tile, simple and modern design, as well as a host of features. Here are the key features of this app:
- Easy sign up - Users can register for eHarmony through a simple onboarding process and take the relationship questionnaire to receive compatible matches.
- Create a profile – Upload photos, answer profile questions and share interests to show your matches the real you.
- Communicate – Receive daily matches and get to know them through eHarmony’s guided communication process and send eHarmony mail.
- Photos – Matches’ photos are beautifully compiled in a photo mosaic to help users get a better overview of each match.
- Activity Feed - See who's viewed you, which matches have sent you communication, and who's updating their profile.
- What if - A popular eHarmony feature, “What If” lets users check out more singles that are great matches, but just outside their preferred settings.
- Navigate – With the implementation of the Windows Phone pivot control, users can swipe between different sections of the app with ease.
- Simple payment - Upgrading your eHarmony membership has never been easier. Enter your credit card information in a new mobile web subscription experience or pay via PayPal.
eHarmony claims that 438 people get married every day in the United States as a result of being matched using the service. eHarmony offers users with compatible matches based on key dimensions of personality, which is supposed to predict highly successful long-term relationships. Hit the download link below to snag the app - it's free!