Two new apps have hit the Windows Phone Store - the official ooVoo video chat app and The Seattle Times News app. Both apps are free and can be downloaded via the download link below.
"With ooVoo you can make FREE video calls, voice calls, and send text messages to easily connect with friends and family. ooVoo is the highest quality video chat app, beating other leading brands hands down. Start a free video call with one person or up to twelve people and experience the best quality video and audio. Over 100 million people are on ooVoo, it’s easy to sign up and add friends," the app description reads.
ooVoo lets you do one-on-one video calls and group video calls with up to 12 participants as well as instant messaging, and also includes echo cancelation for crystal clear audio. ooVoo is known for offering the best video experience possible even at places with low bandwidth.
The Seattle Times News app is also a fantastic app when it comes to keeping up to date with the latest news in the Seattle area. "The Seattle Times Windows app offers the latest news and insightful, Pulitzer Prize-winning journalism, optimized for quick and easy reading on Windows devices," the app description reads.
You can stay up-to-date on local Seattle news, weather, sports, traffic, photo galleries and more, all in a format optimized for quick reading on whichever Windows device you’re using.
The app is also available for Windows 8.1. Here are the key features:
- Get the latest news from The Seattle Times whenever you want it
- Pin your favorite sections to your Start screen and get updated, customized headlines as live tiles
- Browse The Seattle Times’ award-winning photojournalism in device-optimized photo galleries
- Easily share Seattle Times content with your friends and family
- Customize your reading options by choosing your preferred font size within articles
- Got a news tip for us? Contact us through the Settings charm
Grab the apps via the download links below.