Microsoft has finally released the Reading List app for Windows Phone 8, allowing users to easily track and manage content for later viewing. In fact, this app also syncs with the Reading List app on Windows 8.1, so you can easily read or watch your saved list on your Windows PC, tablet, or phone!
"The Windows Reading List app makes it easy to track and manage all the content you intend to look at later. Add bookmarks from Internet Explorer or other apps, and whatever you save is kept in chronological order for future reference. And since it’s available on all Windows 8.1 devices, you can read or watch your saved list on your Windows Phone device, PC or tablet," Microsoft stated in an official blog post.
The app shares the same features as the app on Windows 8.1, including the ability to organize and filter articles into categories. The Windows Phone app has an improved homescreen design that highlights an article from your list as well as a recently viewed section that shows you the five most recent things that launched from Reading List. Here are the key features of this app:
- Add bookmarks from any app or Internet Explorer to keep track of things you want to get back to later
- See your list in the Windows Reading List app that is available on all Windows 8.1 devices whether you’re on your phone or PC
- Easily remove items once you're done with them
- Search through the items in your reading list to find specific things
- Each item is shown in a rich display, showing the title, images, and what app it came from
- Categorize items. You can group together ideas about the next place you want to vacation, articles about finance, or things you want to read for work
- Filter items easily by category
- Share a set of items from your list with others
- Removed an item by mistake? Use the recently deleted section to find it
The app is free and you can grab both the Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 app via the download links below. Enjoy!