Runtastic Pro is one of the best fitness tracking application available in the Windows Phone Store. The app carries a premium price tag, but if you're a fitness-oriented person, and want an app for your Windows Phone device that can help you manage you daily routine, look no further as it can handle almost all the tasks you throw at it.
Recently, Runtastic Pro received a big update, bumping it to version 3.0, and introduces several new features and enhancements to make it more user friendly. With the latest update, users wil be able to track their heart rate, as well as find out the ideal heart rate zones for different goals -- for example if you're doing High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) or fat burning, etc.
Additionally, the app now supports transparent Live Tile, along with the ability to share your location. Interestingly, Runtastic Pro also comes with a hydration feature. The feature tells the athlete how much water he needs to drink to recover from dehydration after the exercise. It's an excellent feature, and should come in handy, especially for those who prefer to go for long walks, or jog their entire block.
Here's a complete changelog of Runtastic Pro v3.0:
- Heart Rate Integration: Track your heart rate with the Runtastic Heart Rate Combo Monitor (PRO only)
- Heart Rate Zones: Train in the ideal heart rate zone, i.e. fat burning, to reach your goals (PRO only)
- LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Share location & receive messages for motivation to keep pushing
- Transparent Live Tile on your start screen
- Hydration feature: See how much you should drink to recovery from dehydration post-activity (PRO only)
- BirdView in map
- Japanese Voice Coach (PRO)
- New app languages: Russian, Turkish and Polish
- Improved layout
There you go folks, head over to the Windows Phone store and grab the updated Runtastic Pro.