For those that did not know, Shuttersong is a popular service that lets you take photos and tag them with a snippet of sound. You can then share your creation to friends and family members. The official Shuttersong app for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8 is now available for download.
“Windows 8 makes for a perfect landscape for Shuttersong – beautifully meshing imagery, sound and touch, and putting creativity into the hands of millions of new users,” said Shuttersong founder and CEO, William Agush, in a press release to WinBeta. “This is a major step forward for Shuttersong as we expand our user base. We’re excited to see what Windows 8 users can create with their photos and music libraries.”
With Shuttersong, you can add 15 seconds of voice, music, or sound into any digital photo. The app features a complete redesign and builds upon the Windows 8 platform. The app allows you to access your photo library on your device or in the cloud, and even create Shuttersongs from archived images.
“Apps really come to life on Windows,” said Todd Brix, general manager, Windows Apps and Store, Microsoft Corp. “Shuttersong takes advantage of Windows through features like snap and share charm integration, and makes it easy to share experiences via many social networks through the Windows 8 interface.”
You will be required to create a Shuttersong account prior to using the app’s features. Here are the key features of this app:
- Take a selfie and add music that says how you’re feeling.
- Share a photo of you and your friends laughing.
- Capture the sights and sounds of a concert, a party, a child playing or even a waterfall.
- Create totally personal digital greeting cards or fan messages.
- One tap takes a photo and records sound
- View other people’s Shuttersong’s in the public gallery.
- Easy to learn and fun to use for all ages.
Hit the download link below to snag the app. It’s free! Shuttersong plans to release an app for Windows Phone once Windows Phone 8.1 is generally released.