Just managing to beat Beats Music onto Windows Phone, Sky.FM Radio has migrated from iOS and Android to Microsoft’s mobile platform. Working in a similar way to Dr Dre’s offering, the app provides access to streaming music to suit your mood at any time of day. There are dozens of channels to choose from, with each one curated by a fan of a particular genre of music.
The app itself is available completely free of charge but there is the option of upgrading to a premium account. This offers the same set of features, but there is as added bonus — not advertisements. Unless you are willing to part with some cash you will have to endure the occasional advert, but this could be seen as a small price to pay.
Sky.FM Radio is a neat blend between a streaming music app that lets you choose precisely what you would like to listen to, and a radio station which you can home in on by genre.
Ultimately, this is a music streaming app and you should pretty much know what to expect from it. Here’s the complete feature list:
- Listen to 65+ hand-programmed music channels
- Pin channels to your start screen for quick access later
- Not sure which channel to pick? Explore the easy-to-use Styles list
- Stream music from the app or in the background while you do other things
- Control audio and view track titles from the lock screen
- Save your favorite channels for quick and easy access later
- New Sleep Timer feature to fall asleep to music without draining your data plan
- Set data streaming preferences for when using a Cellular vs. WiFi network
- Share your favorite tracks and channels on Facebook, Twitter, or by email
- Optional buffer bar with data display helps you keep track of your data usage
- Try SKY Premium for free for 7 days within the app to listen commercial-free
- Ready to upgrade? Purchase SKY Premium quickly and easily in the app
Grab yourself a copy of the app from the Windows Phone Store using the link below, and share you thoughts in the comments.