Skype app for Windows Phone 8 receives minor update, fixes some bugs Written by Ron on December 03, 2013 - 09:09AM
Microsoft has rolled out an update to the Skype app for Windows Phone 8 - bumping the version number to 220.127.116.11. In this minor update, Microsoft has simply fixed a few bugs and made overall improvements to the app.
"Make free Skype to Skype video and voice calls as well as send instant messages to friends and family around the world," the app description reads. Here are the key features the Skype service on Windows Phone 8, for those who have never used Skype:
- Call friends and family with free Skype to Skype voice calls over 3G or WiFi and enjoy low cost calls to mobiles and landlines around the world.
- Make free video calls to anyone else on Skype with high definition video on supported devices.
- Send instant messages to friends on Skype, as well as friends on Messenger if you sign in with your Microsoft account.
- Stay in touch even when the app is closed, with call and message notifications.
- See all your Skype contacts in the People Hub.
- Use more than one Skype account? Switch accounts when you’re out and on the go.
Although this update is minor, it is still welcomed. Hit the download link below to snag the updated app and let us know if a particular bug that has been bugging you was fixed in this new update.