Socl is still alive, Microsoft rolls out Socl apps for Windows Phone, Android and iOS Written by Ron on December 09, 2013 - 03:39PM
Remember Socl? Microsoft Socl launched back in 2011 as an experimental social networking site and today the social service has an app available for Windows Phone, Android, and iOS. Socl lets you "express yourself" and now you can express yourself even more with the official mobile app for your favorite platform.
Socl was created as a research project (or a secret initiative to compete with Facebook?) and has seen quite a few updates since its launch in 2011. Now, we are finally receiving a mobile app - for those of you who use the service.
"Socl - pronounced social - lets you create, collect and share stuff you love. From rich visual collages to short animated media and memes, express yourself through posts that take seconds to create, collect and share on Socl, as well as Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, and Twitter," the Windows Phone app description reads. Here are the features of this app:
- Create beautiful collages and funny memes in seconds.
- Share your creations on Socl, as well as your other favorite social networks.
- Create visual responses ("riffs") to existing content.
- Snap a picture and share it on Socl.
- Receive notifications about community activity on the content you love.
- Organize the content you love in collections.
- Connect with new and interesting people worldwide.
This is merely the first version of the apps, so expect to see some performance issues and bugs. We're sure Microsoft will continue to improve on this "social project" and release updates over time. Try it out and let us know what you think.