The Windows Phone Store is now home to over 300,000 Windows Phone apps, with new apps coming in on a weekly basis. Let’s take a look at the Windows Phone Store and see which apps are at the top of the charts when it comes to the free, paid, and trending categories. We’ll also highlight some of these apps that have made it to the top of the charts.
As of August 10th, the top-five free apps are OneDrive, Travel, Battery Saver, Facebook, and Messenger. The top-five paid apps are WPCentral, Sketch Camera, Metrotube, TVShow Plus, and Status Tiles. The top-five trending apps are BBM Beta, Snaptastic for Snapchat, Live Lockscreen Themes, WPMania, and Live Lock Screen Beta.
The top-five free games are Subway Surfers, Fail Hard, Angry Birds Epic, 100 Balls, and Piano Tiles. The top-five paid games are Rabbids Big Bang, Cut The Rope Exp, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, and Sonic CD. And finally, the top-five trending games are Fail Hard, Guardians of the Skies, Lost Words, Stickman vs Bombs, and AE Extreme Moto.
So as you can see, noting new or exciting happened in the Windows Phone Store this past week. We did learn that the Windows Phone Store is now home to over 300,000 apps. Let’s take a look at some of these apps and perhaps you might find your new favorite app.
- Travel (free) – Bing Travel gives you the best combination of destination info and travel tools to help you plan and book a trip, all from your phone.
- Sketch Camera ($1.49) – See the world as an artist. Take a pictures with amazing pencil sketch effect in realtime or apply it to existing photos from your gallery.
- BBM Beta (free) – BBM brings you together in the moment with friends and family through instant chats, picture sharing, voice notes and more. Available as a public beta preview.
- Live Lockscreen Themes (free) – This app compliments the Live Lockscreen app, offering several new themes to “pimp out” your lock screen.
- Fail Hard (free) – This is an extremely fun physics based stunt game. Make it big in the stunt show business and don’t back down even from the most dangerous of stunts and jumps.
- Lost Words (free) – With Lost Words, your goal will be to find all the hidden letters of a given word. You will have 6 attempts to find the right word. While searching for the right word, you’ll receive hints based on your previous trials.
- Stickman VS Bombs (free) – Try to break all the stickman’s bones using bombs to propel him through the corridor.
- AE Xtreme Moto (free) – The latest extreme dirt bike racing game released by AE Mobile in 2014, with astonishing graphics and amazing levels, such gamers who like adventures and challenges as you must not miss this addictive game!
That’s all for this week folks. Hopefully next week will be a bit more exciting in terms of new and trending Windows Phone Store apps. Check out the above listed apps and stay tuned for next week’s Windows Phone Store highlight.