Microsoft's Windows Phone Store is home to thousands of Windows Phone apps, with new apps coming in on a weekly basis. Let's take a look at the Windows Phone Store and see which apps are at the top of the charts when it comes to the free, paid, and trending categories. We'll also highlight some of these apps that have made it to the top of the charts.
As of July 27th, the top-five free apps in the Windows Phone Store (United States) are Pandora, Battery Saver, Nokia Creative Studio, Facebook, and HERE Maps. The top-five paid apps are Airyware Tuner, WPCentral, TVShow Plus, Metrotube, and Jack of Tools Pro. The top-five trending apps are Animated LockScreen, Uber, edjing, Flashlight Pro, and Guess The Emoji Answers.
The top-five free games are Subway Surfers, Angry Birds Epic, 100 Balls, Traffic Racer, and Piano Tiles. The top-five paid games are Cut The Rope Exp, Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, Sonic CD, and Mirror's Edge.
These stats are based on data from the Windows Phone Store in the United States. Let's take a look at some of these top apps and games below, perhaps you might just discover your new favorite app!
- Battery Saver (free) - Manage your battery life and power saving features. Microsoft recently updated this feature for Windows Phone 8.1 and rolled out the update as an app.
- Airyware Tuner ($4.99) - Professional chromatic orchestral tuner app for Windows Phone. If you are a musician, this app is must-have. You can even tune your guitar!
- Animated LockScreen (free) - A 3rd party app that contains four lock screen styles, including a restyled version of the two demoed at Build. This is just a preview, with more lock screens coming soon.
- Uber (free) - Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes. On-demand service means no reservations required and no waiting in taxi lines.
- Edjing (free) - This app transforms your device in a real pocket turntable for free. Edjing offers a complete DJ tool with professional sound quality. With edjing, users can create their own mixes and share them directly on Facebook
- Mirror's Edge ($2.99) - Run up walls, slide down ramps, ride zip lines, and hurdle between rooftops as you burn through 14 levels of increasing intensity in this endless runner game from EA. Think fast on your feet, engage in furious hand-to-hand combat, elude your enemies, and push yourself to the very edge.