Tweetium app for Windows 8.1 gets bumped to version 1.4, lots of new improvements on board Written by Ron on January 16, 2014, 04:42PM
The app developer behind Tweetium has rolled out a new update to the app today, adding several new enhancements and squashing a few bugs. We have been using Tweetium since its release and we have to argue that this app is likely one of the best Twitter apps available in the Windows Store today.
"Tweetium is the premium Windows 8 Twitter client you've been waiting for. It's slick. It's fast. This first release has been designed with ample feedback from serious Twitter users, with the goal of helping you get the most out of Twitter on Windows desktops, laptops, and tablets. Tweetium is a brand new app designed and developed by the maker of the critically acclaimed Newseen," the app description reads.
Tweetium was bumped to version 1.4 and continues to be fine tuned with bug fixes and app enhancements. For example, this new update now showcases a "last seen" affordance so show you were you last left off. The update also adds various improvements and bug fixes. Take a look at the entire change log below.
- New UI affordance for jumping to last seen (up to 400 tweets back)
- Sync/Stream engine refinements to reduce rate limit impact, improve performance, and to enable other feature work
- Limit DM thread length to last 50 messages for now (better performance)
- Timed mutes now expire correctly
- Fixed mutes to work correctly with progressive loading
- Back button now preserves tweet expansion and focus in common cases
- Fixed a problem where keyboard focus could be lost on app resume
- Fixes to quote tweet behavior with certain links
- Improvements to handling of some network errors
- Added rate limit indicator
- Improved animation when switching to a scope from the navbar drop-down.
- Audio from embedded videos now stops playing when the thread is dismissed.
- Fixed a possible crash when updated settings are roamed from other machines.
- Added version number to Privacy/About page
- Fixed some text clipping issues in larger font size settings
- Tweet composer now respects font size settings
- Dot indicating an updated tab has a better color in Midnight Blue themes
- Updated small tiles logos to match larger ones.
Hit the download link below to snag the update from the Windows Store. Enjoy!