Visual Studio 2013 Update 1 Release Candidate now available for download Written by Ron on December 09, 2013, 10:43AM
Microsoft has rolled out a Release Candidate (RC) version of the first update to Visual Studio 2013. This update brings along with it a variety of bug fixes and capability improvements. Microsoft released Visual Studio 2013 back in mid-October of this year.
"Visual Studio 2013 Update is providing continuous value to customers, adding new capabilities year-round to features in the main product release. These releases will be aligned with the core software development trends in the market, ensuring developers and development teams always have access to the best solution for building modern applications. This is a release candidate (RC) for Visual Studio 2013 Update 1. These cumulative updates to Visual Studio 2012 include a variety of bug fixes and capability improvements," Microsoft stated.
This RC version of the first update is now available for download. Developers may use this RC update in a production environment but keep in mind that it is still a pre-release. Microsoft will continue to fix bugs and release a final build of the update at a later date. Those who install the update now can update to the final version of the update when it becomes available.
Here is the full change log:
- Aria role and properties are missing in the Watches and Callstack windows when you debug in Internet Explorer.
- Updates "Debug Managed Memory" feature to support Windows Internet Explorer 9.
- When you debug a Microsoft Azure website that is published by using Git, symbols are not loaded. This breaks the debugging.
- Assume that you edit a dialog that contains at least one picture control in Resource Editor. After you save the file, the project can no longer be compiled.
- When you edit multiple resources in Resource Editor, Visual Studio crashes randomly.
- Addresses some Visual C++ automatic formatting issues.
- Visual C++ IDE does not work as expected if there is an unexpected registry subkey under the following registry key: HKCU\Software\Microsoft\VisualSTudio\12.0\FileExtensionMapping
- IntelliTrace Viewer is updated to support Internet Explorer 9.
- Visual Studio freezes when you try to run a load test on the cloud by using Team Foundation Service for the first time when there is no active connection to a Visual Studio account from your Team Explorer.
- After you run a cloud-based load test by using Team Foundation Service, the "Download Result" operation fails the first time. Additionally, you receive the following error message:
- There was an error while importing the result file. Details: The system cannot find the file specified. After correcting the problem open the results from Load Test Manager.
- When you open load test results, Visual Studio continues to request samples even after the load test run has completed and all samples are downloaded.
- Cloud load testing is broken on a computer that has Internet Explorer 9 installed. The Load Test Manager and Load Test Results windows do not render with Internet Explorer 9 correctly.
- You cannot run load tests beyond 250 visual users if you activated Visual Studio Ultimate by using an MSDN subscription.
- Improved the stability of the XAML designers in Visual Studio and Blend in a variety of scenarios for all XAML platforms (such as Windows Store, Windows Phone, Silverlight, WPF).
- Addressed an issue concerning the packaging of Windows Store applications in which both XBF and XAML were packaged into a Windows Store AppX package when referencing Extension SDKs.