Microsoft's Build 2014 Developer Conference kicked off today and it was quite an eventful day. Microsoft unveiled Windows Phone 8.1, Windows 8.1 Update 1, and more during the Day 1 keynote and now you can watch the entire three hour event on-demand, in case you missed it.
Terry Myerson, Joe Belfiore, David Treadwell, Stephen Elop, and Satya Nadella took center stage during the Day 1 keynote, unveiling Windows 8.1 Update 1, which brings forth improvements for non-touch users. Microsoft also showcased a "Mini Start" which functions as a hybrid between the Start Menu and Start Screen, as well as windowed apps.
The devices and services giant also unveiled Windows Phone 8.1, including the highly anticipated Siri-like Cortana digital assistant. Microsoft also previewed a touch optimized version of Office, along with the concept of universal apps that will work on all forms of Windows device without the need for changes to be made to code.
If you missed any of the news from Day 1 of Build 2014, take a look below:
- Microsoft announces Windows Phone 8.1, coming soon to all Windows Phones
- Windows Phone 8.1 includes interactive lockscreens via third party developers
- Microsoft adds Micromax and Prestigio to its Windows Phone partners
- Build 2014: Cortana brings voice assistance to Windows Phone 8.1
- Windows Phone 8.1 comes with an action center to help you keep up with notifications
- Microsoft announces the first major update for Windows 8.1
- Build 2014: Universal apps find their way to Windows phones, tablets and PCs
- Microsoft introduces Internet Explorer 11 for Windows Phone 8.1 with several improvements
- Build 2014: Microsoft previews touch-optimized version of Office
- Review: Windows 8.1 Update 1, a godsend for non-touch consumers
- Microsoft reveals windowed Modern UI apps and Mini Start
- Nokia Lumia 930 press render leaked hours ahead of its expected official announcement
- Build 2014: Microsoft shows off Kinect V2 for Windows
- Build 2014: Microsoft announces free Windows for small-screened devices
- Nokia Lumia 930 becomes official with a 5-inch 1080p display and 20MP PureView camera
- Build 2014: Microsoft’s Internet of Things is only the start
- The mid-range Nokia Lumia 630 and 635 announced, will be the first Windows Phone 8.1 devices
- Windows 8.1 Update available not only on MSDN but also TechNet
- Skype for Windows Phone 8.1 adds Cortana support, 720p video calling, and much more
- Updated version of Internet Explorer 11 now available for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7
- Meet Cortana: Windows Phone 8.1's answer to Siri and Google Now
- Windows Phone 8.1 Development Tools RC now available for download
- Nokia announces 'MD12' Bluetooth speaker, costs $55 and comes in various colors
You can also watch the on-demand video of today's Day 1 keynote, embedded below, for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy! What were your favorite announcements during the Day 1 keynote?