A new report suggests that Microsoft may be planning on creating nine different editions for Windows 8, judging by a registry file found in Windows 8 Consumer Preview that reveals the names to these editions. Could this be true?
Just recently, we heard about the possibility of there being only three editions to Windows 8. According to a new report, there might be nine, including Windows 8 Professional Plus. Now, treat this as unconfirmed until we hear some official word on the matter. If true, we wonder what the Professional Plus edition will have that’s different from the Professional edition?
Here are the editions that were revealed within a registry file in Windows 8 Consumer Preview:
- Windows 8 Enterprise Edition
- Windows 8 Enterprise Eval edition
- Windows 8 Home Basic Edition
- Windows 8 Home Premium edition
- Windows 8 ARM edition
- Windows 8 Professional edition
- Windows 8 Professional Plus edition
- Windows 8 Starter edition
- Windows 8 Ultimate edition