Here are the two Beta software downloads for Windows (32bit or 64bit) for the week. BinaryFortress just recently released Beta 6 of their popular DisplayFusion multi-monitor software and MakeMKV has hit a new build that offers improved handling for DVD discs.
MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter, otherwise called "transcoder". It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters. There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
What's new in 1.7.10 Beta?
- Improved handling for DVD discs with mastering errors
- Many miscellaneous improvements
DisplayFusion will make your dual monitor (or triple monitor or more) experience smooth and painless. Advanced multi-monitor wallpaper support, Flickr integration for image searching and fully customizable window management hotkeys are just a sample of the many things DisplayFusion can do. DisplayFusion is also available in many different languages.
Whats new in Beta 6?
- Change: DisplayFusion Taskbars now have full Jump Lists
- Change: Wallpaper background colour can now be a gradient
- Change: Added a Function to toggle the Window Location feature
- Fix: Window Location compatibility improvements
- Fix: TitleBar Button compatibility improvements
- Fix: DisplayFusion Taskbar transparency now matches the Windows Taskbar [Win8]
- Fix: Taskbar clock text improvements
XBMC, a free award winning and open source software media player and entertainment hub designed for digital media, is now available for all to download. XBMC is a unique media player that has seen over 50 software developers contributing to its development. Currently at RC3, XBMC 12 is now feature complete and includes some audio device detection fixes as well as other stability enhancements and minor bug fixes.