Microsoft recently launched Windows Phone 8 and many Windows Phone fanatics are excited over the new features it brings. Many users love Bing as well. Did you know Windows Phone 8 has several features powered by Bing? Lets take a look at these features.
- For You. This feature offers personalized recommendations for deals, restaurants, music, videos, and more, based on the user’s location, previous serches, and recommendations from Facebook friends.
- Local Scout. This feature is touted as one of the top features on Windows Phone. It allows you to receive recommendations for nearby restaurants, shopping, and other activities powered by Bing. “Simply pick a result and you’ll see everything you need to know – where it’s located, how to get there, who to call, when it’s open, the website, and even ratings and reviews. Local Scout includes eat+drink, see+do, shop, local deals and the new for you experience,” Microsoft adds.
- Bing Explore. This feature is new to Windows Phone 8 and allows you to swipe the Bing home page across to see relevant content, including trending stories, local deals, and more.
- Bing Homepage. You can now take the Bing Homepage with you. The lock screen image on Windows Phone 8 is automatically set to receive the image of the day so your lock screen background is fresh all the time.
- Bing Music. This feature lets you find out what song is playing by letting your phone listen to the music. You will see the name, artist, album, and where to buy.
- App Connect/Store Search. “Ever wonder which app does what? Bing has you covered. Bing search results now return Windows Phone Store apps that are relevant to what you’re searching. For example, when you search for movie times, Bing will show you several of the top movie apps. Bing also powers search for both apps and games in the Store. This system has also been rolled out to Windows Phone 7.x devices,” Microsoft explains.
- Bing Vision. Users can now use their phone’s camera to look up product information by simply bringing an object into view. You can even scan UPC codes, QR codes, and Microsoft Tag.