Windows Phone app highlights: Galactic Rush, Covy Rush, and Touch BrowserWritten by Ron on March 04, 2014 - 11:11AM @ronwinbeta
In today's Windows Phone app highlight post, we are going to showcase three apps that are available for free for the platform. Galactic Rush, Covy Rush (also available as a paid app), and Touch Browser are three great apps worth checking out!
First up is Galactic Rush (pictured above). "There's a conflict brewing in our galaxy, caused by an unanswered question: 'Who is the fastest in this galaxy?' Represent human (or other alien races) and prove that you're the fastest creature in this galaxy!" the app description reads. This app is free and is an infinite runner game that features various obstacles and traps that you must avoid in order to pass the three distinct levels. More levels are expected to arrive in a future app update. There are also various challenges to complete, rewards to earn, and characters to unlock.
Covy Rush (pictured below) is a free and addictive action game that features simple yet challenging gameplay. "Slide your finger on the screen to adjust the angle of jump, then release the pressure at the right moment to make "Covy" jump and avoid the blocks. In the same time, try to collect the carrots to speed up and score up," the app description reads. The game comes with one advertisement and you can remove it by purchasing the app for $0.99.
Touch Browser is a free app that aims to offer you an alternative to the built-in Internet Explorer browser. "Looking for an alternative browser to the stock Windows Phone browser? Look no further, Touch Browser is what you have been looking for," the app description reads. Here are the key features of this app:
- Full tab browsing - open link in new tab
- Support fast app switching and resume
- Intuitive orientation lock - set landscape or portrait mode as you browse, change anytime
- Browse full screen, auto hide address bar and app bar - view more even on a small screen device
- Long tap a link, image or item to activate its context menu
- Download pictures to your phone gallery or share on FB, twitter, email etc via context menu
- Integrated Google, Bing and Yahoo search
- Add, remove and password protect your favorites
- Add favorites with a simple tap and organize them into folders
- Private browsing - auto delete your history, cookies and Internet cache
- Customize your start page
- Speed dial - access your frequently visited websites easily
- Find matching keyword on page
- Save webpages for offline browsing
Hit the download link below to snag these apps and let us know what you think! If you are an app developer and want your app highlighted on WinBeta, simply contact us and give us your short pitch!