Microsoft has been on a roll lately when it comes to updates to the Xbox Music and Xbox Video apps for Windows Phone. In the fifth update to the Music app for Windows Phone 8.1, Microsoft has addressed a few issues and made the app faster! The Video app features various improvements and fixes.
"The fifth update for the Windows Phone 8.1 Music App is now available in the store! We’ve been working on better error messaging and better usability during error states. Let us know what you think!" Microsoft stated. Here are the key features of this new update, which bumps the version number to 2.5.3991.0:
- It’s now a bit faster to resume and browse the app.
- If we can’t play a song, we now offer a more useful error message.
- We handle connectivity states better.
- Bug fixed where album art doesn’t show up for playlist songs that are not in your collection.
- Stability improvements when scrolling lists and launching the app from Cortana.
- Content begins syncing in the background following app updates.
In the recent updates, we have got the Cortana integration with playlists, audio scrubbing, better sync across local, cloud content, and more. These updates to the Music app are all based on user feedback.
Xbox Video, on the other hand, was bumped to version 1.5.3989.0 (Windows Phone 8) and 2.5.3989.0 (Windows Phone 8.1). The update simply fixes two issues:
- Some customers saw a perpetual “Loading …” message instead of their Collection.
- In some instances TV and Movie detail pages did not load.
Hit the download links below to snag the updated apps. Enjoy!