Microsoft has been rolling out quite a few updates to the Xbox Music app for Windows Phone 8.1. In fact, we were expecting the fourth update to Xbox Music since the Developer Preview of Windows Phone 8.1 was released. Unfortunately, we will have to wait another week.
"Our fourth update to the Windows Phone 8.1 Xbox Music app is almost ready. We have a few tweaks we want to get in this one, so expect it early next week. This next release will continue to deliver on feature requests you are providing through the User Voice forum. So please, keep the feedback coming," Microsoft stated.
In the recent updates, we have got the Cortana integration with playlists, audio scrubbing, better sync across local, cloud content, and more. Here are a list of features that the app plans to have, all thanks to user feedback:
- Continued focus on stability and performance improvements.
- Initial sync of local and cloud content happens in the background.
- Support for more than 100 songs in the Now Playing queue.
- Faster loading of longer lists.
- Transparent Tile support.
- Live Tile support.
- Kid’s Corner support.
- General UX improvements.
We'll let you know early next week when the app update becomes available.