Xbox Music for iOS update brings support for offline playback Written by Mark Wilson on January 08, 2014 - 08:16AM
Judged by the version number alone it might seem that the latest update to Xbox Music for iOS is a fairly minor one. But the move to version 2.0.31213 sees the introduction of an important new feature -- the offline availability of playlists.
The addition of this new option take the iOS version of the app ahead of the Android version, and it is great news for anyone hoping to listen to music from their Xbox Music account on their iPhone, iPod or iPad without the need for an internet connection.
Of course you will have to remember to make your playlists available offline; it is not something that will happen by default.
Here’s that full app description:
- Play ad-free music from a catalog of tens of millions of songs
- Make your playlists available offline, and listen to your favorite music anywhere
- Add songs, albums, and playlists to your Xbox Music collection and access them from your phone, Xbox 360, PC, tablet, and the web
- Listen to radio stations based on your favorite artists.
- Enjoy a rich visual experience for searching, viewing, and playing back music
If you've already got the app installed, just make sure you install the update to take advantage of the new option, but if you're yet to try it out you can download a free copy from the link below.