It’s been approximately 2 months since the Xbox One was released to the public, and now, users can expect to receive the very first console update.
According to the Xbox Wire blog, the Xbox One system update will be available on February 11, which is in less than a week. The new update will add a number of improvements to Microsoft's latest gaming system.
Here’s what we can expect in the new update:
- Many new improvements
- Lots of updates for Xbox One app and game developers, all "behind-the-scene"
- New features
- Stability and product updates
- Improvements to the quality of voice recognition for the Kinect, improving responsiveness and making it more fluid
- Ability to see and manage storage space
- Ability to manage download queue
- Ability to separate “My Games” and “My Apps” into several lists
- New boot progress indicator for updates while loading
- New battery power indicator
- Ability to use USB keyboard with Xbox One
This is all that has been provided to us for now. “We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love,” says Marc Whitten from Xbox Wire.
However, the company has provided us with information for the March 4 update. The update will be another system update “to prepare your Xbox One for ‘Titanfall’.” All we know is that this update will provide users with many new features and improvements, which according to Xbox Wire, will mostly be for the party and multiplayer systems.
Microsoft states on the blog, “We’ve been carefully listening to your feedback and look forward to delivering many new features that will make Xbox One even better. We’re just getting started and can’t wait to share more information in the coming weeks.” So keep telling them what you want for your Xbox One to get more frequent and better updates!
Do you have an Xbox One? Are you enjoying it now? What would you like to see in future updates? Tell us in the comment section below. We’d love to hear what you have to say!