Xbox Video app for Windows Phone 8 gets transparent tile and various new improvementsWritten by Ron on June 06, 2014 - 05:37PM @ronwinbeta
Microsoft has rolled out a new update to the Xbox Video app for Windows Phone 8.1. The latest update bumps the app version number to 2.5.3962.0. On top of that, Microsoft has stated that the development team will continue to address user issues but will also transition to spending more time developing some "meatier" features. No word on exactly what Microsoft means by that.
"Since the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview launched, the Xbox Video team has been working hard to deliver regular updates to address stability and quality issues that users have identified. While we will continue to address user issues, we are also going to transition to spending more time developing some meatier features. We expect this feature work to take multiple weeks, so we do not expect to maintain our two-week release cycle for a bit. Once we have taken care of some of the foundational work, we plan to get back to our regular cadence," Microsoft stated.
The following improvements and fixes were made to the app:
- The Xbox Video tile on the home screen now supports custom backgrounds and theme colors, without the need of a 3rd Party App.
- We used the telemetry info from the last release to track down and fix a stability issue that over the last 30 days was causing 75% of our reported unexpected application exits.
- We fixed several download issues related to licensed content:
- Some downloaded content was not available to play when the phone was offline (i.e. the phone did not have an internet connection or was in Airplane mode).
- Certain behind-the-scenes timing issues could create an edge case where a piece of licensed content could not be downloaded.
- Some downloaded content could not be played after switching to streaming via the UI.
- An unexpected application exit after purchasing a TV season with a large number of shows.
- Choppiness/frame rate stutter after resuming playback.
- Links to TV seasons listed in Featured Sets were pointing to the details pages for the wrong season in that TV series.
- An intermittent issue where Movie and TV Collections sometimes appeared empty when the phone was offline.
- In some cases, purchased Movie and TV content was not showing in a user’s collection.
- Multiple localization issues.
Hit the download link below to snag the updated app. Enjoy!