Two new apps have hit the Windows Store, along with the Windows Phone Store, offering sports fanatics yet another app to monitor their fantasy football teams and crossword puzzle fans the ability to complete their favorite crosswords on a Windows device.
Starting with the CBS Sports Fantasy app, which is available on both Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone, you can see all your fantasy football teams in one spot. The app offers access to stats, projections, rankings, as well as news. The app also provides injury reports and performance predictions to give you the insider advantage.
The app also features easy team management, so you can set your lineup, add or drop players, and make trades. There is also live scoring, so you can get fast and accurate fantasy point updates right on your Start screen with a Live tile. Best of all, you can trash talk, set up draft dates, or communicate with your competition. The app also features Cortana integration so you can quickly get scores, standings, schedule, and more.
The New York Times Crossword app, on the other hand, is a fantastic app for your Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone device that gives you access to the daily puzzle and calendar archive for the past seven days. This app (first spotted by WPCentral) is free and features support for the Surface Stylus, so you can solve puzzles using your pen right on your Surface tablet.
You can solve puzzles that include new tricks like rebuses, highlighted or underlined squares, and more! Here are the key features of the app:
- Play anywhere – Your subscription now gives you access to The Crossword on NYTimes.com at no additional charge! Just connect or create an account in your account settings and Play Anywhere. Your Windows puzzle progress will be saved and available on the web and vice versa!
- Daily Puzzle – It’s the same puzzle that’s printed every day in The New York Times newspaper. All daily puzzles are available the previous day at 10p EST with a subscription, so enjoy Tuesday’s puzzle on Monday at 10p! Practice and learn how to solve the puzzle on Monday or Tuesday or challenge yourself with even harder puzzles later in the week.
- Surface Stylus support – If you have a Surface tablet, you can solve the way crosswords were meant to be solved: write directly on the puzzle as you would in the newspaper!
- Past puzzles – Subscribers also enjoy nearly 20 years of classic puzzles from our archives.
- Modern puzzle features – Solve puzzles that include new tricks like rebuses, highlighted or underlined squares, and more!
Hit the download links below to snag the apps. They are all free!